OFFICIAL HOOPS MIDWEST RULES 2017
LENGTH OF GAMES & BALLS USED
K-1…..14 Minute Halves…Girl’s ball for all
2-5…..16 Minute Halves…Girl’s ball for all
6-8…..18 Minute Halves…Girl’s: Girl’s Ball Boys: Boy’s Ball
9-12…..18 Minute Halves…Girl’s: Girl’s Ball Boys: Boy’s Ball
Games will feature a running clock. The clock will stop during technical fouls as well as regular and injury time outs. The clock will stop the final 2 minutes of the 2nd half unless a team has a 20 point lead. Officials may stop the clock at their discretion.
- All parents and coaches must sign a roster/waiver to participate.
- Players must be in their current grade (division) or below.
- No pressing in 3rd grade until the final 2 minutes of each half. Teams may “pick up” at half court at other times. No pressing if lead is 20 or more in any division. If a division is combined (i.e. 3rd and 4th) rules for the older division will be utilized.
- Each team is allowed 3-:30 Timeouts per game. These can be used at any time.
- Game time is forfeit time unless the director approves a delay.
- Jerseys must be of matching color and contain at least a number on back.
- OVERTIME: 2 Minutes, clock stops in final minute. 1 timeout per team. NO CARRYOVER TIMEOUTS. Overtimes will continue until we have a winner.
- Each team must provide an adult scorekeeper at the score table.
- Divisions may be combined at the Tournament Director’s discretion.
- All games will be officiated by State Certified Officials.
- Good sportsmanship is expected from all coaches and spectators. Hoops Midwest reserves the right to remove unruly spectators from facilities without refund.
- Only 2 coaches are allowed on the bench! Only the head coach may stand to coach!
- Any coach receiving multiple technical fouls may be removed from the tournament at director’s discretion. Players receiving multiple technical will be suspended for 1 game.
- Medals will be awarded to all division winners and 2nd place teams. 3rd place medals will be awarded on a case by case basis. Battle Series and other 2-day events include team plaques & individual awards.
- Tie Breakers: In the event of a 2 way tie the head to head winner will prevail. In the event of a 3 way tie, point differential (+/- 15 max per game), followed by defensive points allowed shall determine the winner. Second position of the three shall be determined based upon head to head between the other 2 teams.
- All rules regarding play not addressed herein shall be according to NFHS Rules.
It is our intention to provide a quality event for your players.
Please direct questions to Mike Edwards or Steve Reith.